Rx: Easy Does It – Mini-Movements
All of these suggestions may be done while standing, sitting, or lying down. Feel free to mix and match. There is no sacred order here.
- Wiggle your toes towards face. Extra credit for pointing and flexing your feet!
- Inhale as you squeeze your thighs, pause, exhale and release your thigh muscles.
- Inhale, pull your belly button towards your spine, pause, exhale and release.
- Inhale as you lift your shoulders up to your ears, pause and squeeze, then slowly exhale as you let your shoulders relax.
- Inhale as you lift your chin up to the sky, pause, and then slowly bring your chin towards your chest. Pause as you pull shoulders down away from your ears. Then exhale and let your chin find a comfortable position.
- Relax your jaw, open your mouth into a pretend yawn, and then let your face soften.
- Inhale as you lift your toes towards your face, pause as you spread them as wide as they will go. Then slowly exhale, placing your toes gently back on the floor. If you are lying down, just let them go back to a relaxed position.
Copyright ©2011-2019 by Margaret Chester. All rights reserved.